What can we do at the library?
- Get a library card (have a photo ID with your address on it, or have your parent/guardian come in with their photo ID to get you a card).
- If you have a library card, you can use the computers and check anything out.
- Read and check out anything in the library or available digitally.
- Play games, do crafts, or learn a new skill!
- Suggest books, movies, or electronic materials that you want the library to buy.
- Get your homework done (fun, right?)! Librarians are happy to help you with research, just ask!
- Get a snack at the cafe.
Follow the Rules of Conduct for the library.
Do you want to start a group or club after school?
Let us know! We have supplies for arts and crafts, Lego blocks, book clubs, gaming and much more.
If your teen or a teen you know comes to the Library after school, we ask that you please share this post with them. This is for the safe and healthy environment of all patrons.
We want to take this time to remind our After School Teens that we expect you to follow all the RML Rules of Conduct.
• Respect the rights of fellow library users.
• Comply with library policies and the requests of library staff.
• Loitering in the library, on library steps, entryway, lobby or library property thereby creating a nuisance to those trying to enter, exit, access or use the library and its resources.
• Talking loudly, making noise, or engaging in other disruptive conduct that interferes with another person's use of the library or with the library staff's performance of their duties.
• Using profane, offensive or abusive language or gestures.
• Engaging in lewd or indecent behavior.
• Fighting, provoking a fight or demonstrating threatening or intimidating behavior.
Any patron violating these rules of conduct is subject to sanctions including, but not limited to, being asked to leave the library premises, or having library privileges limited or revoked. Schools, parents, or law enforcement may be contracted at the discretion of library administration.
Thank you and enjoy the amazing weather!
To view upcoming teen events, check our Events Calendar.